April 6, 2010
A rolling stone gathers no moss. But a clever designer does.
I’m tossing around some moss ideas for a woodland wedding theme, and stumbled upon a few noteworthy mossterpieces:
- Ms. Martha Stewart herself grabbed some inspiration from the grounds around her estate in Maine and employee Kevin cobbled together a really cool “mini-landscape” featuring multiple kinds of moss.
- Tulsa, OK-based Simple Sweet Design offers custom mossy monograms. Not only can you order your own married initials (perhaps to decorate a mantel at your reception, or the guest book table?), but you can ask for letters in different typeface. Some people feel very passionately about serifs.
- Dare me to think of half a dozen uses for RAZ Imports artificial moss ribbon?
- Handwrapping bouquets
- Tying around bridal party gifts
- Creating natural bows for chivari chairs
- Draping lengths from the ceiling to create a fairytale fringe curtain
- Covering the unfinished edge of a rental table
- Slip cuttings into your invitation envelopes as a thematic alternative to parchment paper
… Didn’t even break a sweat.
- Etsy comes through once again with this unbearably cute ring pillow. You will actually find a variety of options if you use Etsy’s search function for “moss ring pillow,” but I don’t think they come any better than April Hiler Designs.